Wednesday, September 25, 2013

All About My Cat, Noah

Isn't that just the most precious picture you have ever seen in your life? I think so, but I may have a biased opinion. Noah, is 3 year old domestic short hair. During the summer of 2010, my sister & I were obsessed with cats, we would sit together & look at the hundreds of cats on Craigslist. Then one wonderful day, August 17 to be exact, we finally convinced my mom to let us get Noah. We did not have ANY cat supplies whatsoever, no food, no litter, absolutely NOTHING. 
DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend ever being unprepared when getting a cat. Having an animal is a big responsibility, blah blah blah... haha!
Anyways, we called up the guy who was selling the cats on Craigslist. (We chose his particular post because the cats he was selling looked so itty bitty & cute. We later found out that they were a measly 5 weeks old, & not weaned from their mothers.) This is post is starting to become a 'How not to adopt a cat' post. Hmm, anyways, I'll keep going. We got into the car & drove to the seller's house, he only had one cat left. The tiny little black tuxedo. All of his brothers & sisters were sold only days earlier. My sister was overjoyed because she wanted a black cat, due to her obsession with Sabrina, the Teenage Witch when she was younger, who knows?! He was tiny, like when we cupped our hands he fit. They put him in a small shoe box (I know, horrible) & we brought him home. We brought him home & my mom watched over him while my sister & I rushed over to Wal-Mart (why we didn't go to PetCo you ask? Because we are total idiots, that is why.) We bought canned food, a bottle, kitten formula, a litterbox, some litter & two toys. 
We didn't tell my dad until about 2 days of having Noah, he was fine with it as long as he didn't have to take care of him -_____- I chose the name Noah because of Ryan Gosling's character in The Notebook, not because of Noah's Arc, people always ask me that. No.
3 years later, Noah is my best friend/son & is as healthy as can be. I don't plan on being a cat lady, but if I ever do move out of my mom's house, I will take Noah with me. 
Noah's a really quirky cat, since we didn't have much experience with taking care of any animals, we didn't know that he wasn't weaned from his mother & didn't know how to wean him ourselves, because of that he sometimes sucks on our clothes or a blanket before he goes to sleep. It's cute, but I don't know if it's a problem. He isn't a completely indoor cat, he goes into our backyard all the time, thankfully he doesn't know that he is capable of climbing our fence so he stays in there & plays in the grass. For some odd reason, Noah always wants to be petted while he's eating, it's so annoying. He meows & meows until he gets petted! & finally, Noah is a really really selfish cat, he does not like other animals AT ALL! My sister has two other cats, & she brought them over one day, & Noah went crazy, he hissed & growled, the whole nine yards. He has to be the center of attention, but I'm alright with him, I love him. 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment