Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Disneyland Vacation Part 1 (:

The Happiest Place on Earth... it really does live up to it's name. I've been there quite a few times before, but this last time it was just me & my younger brother. Hands down one of the best vacations I have ever been on. He just turned 12 & it was a celebration of sorts. For almost an entire month, I was on Pinterest trying to find tips about Disney & how I could make the most out of my vacation. It really did help, I got a lot of tips there. I'll add a tips post in a few days. I went around August 10-12.

First thing's first, my dad bought our tickets, we got the One Day One Park ticket. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to do enough, but that ticket is SO worth it! Trust me! It's cheaper & it was enough. If you go from opening to closing this ticket is enough, we were able to focus on one park at a time & honestly get a lot done. We did everything we wanted.

What we Wore & Brought
It was pretty warm (but not HOT by California standards, in the low 80s) when we went there. I wore the shirt that you see to the left and a pair of Capri-leggings, I also wore the cutest pair of shoes that my little karate sister, Clarissa, made me. (They were the $12 shoes from Target, she drew all the Cars characters on them for me. I'll try & post a picture of them in another post.) My brother wore a tee & cargo type shorts with lots of pockets. COMFY SHOES ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND, trust me. Shoes are important! My shoes weren't the sturdiest, but they were so cute, I couldn't not wear them. But honestly, no one is looking at what you're wearing, so don't be one of those girls with caked on makeup & heels. 

So we packed a few Uncrustables, two bottles of water, snack-packs of Teddy Grahams, and two chocolate bars. I wore a tan crossbody bag, & my brother wore a draw-string. Food at DL & California Adventures is so overpriced, bring your own food & snack while you're waiting in line or waiting for a show to start, or even when you're just walking around.  We tried to pack as light as possible --lugging around 10lbs of unnecessary crap was not part of my plan. In my purse I also had a pack of wipes, chapstick, hand sanitizer, a rollerball perfume, a camera, a whole bunch of paper towels & my phone. No makeup. Hair up in a ponytail. There is really no point, I wasn't trying to look cute for anyone. This is really all we needed for the next 2 days of our euphoric Disney vacation.
<3

Stay tuned for Disney & California Adventures Post +tips!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment